Best Of Bronzers!

There are so many bronzers on the market these days. You can find really nice bronzers no matter if they come from the Drugstore or Specialty stores. In the years I have used bronzers I have tried quite a few. So I thought I would share with you all my thoughts on a few of my favorites!



What made me want to share my thoughts on these bronzers was my recent purchase of the Maybelline Master Bronze Matte Bronzing Powder in Paradise Bronze. So lets start with that one.

Maybelline Master Bronze in Paradise Bronze:



The pigmentation on this bronzer is AMAZING! The texture is so velvety and you have to be careful when dipping your brush into the product. Especially if you are pale like me. It says it is a Matte bronzer, but I can see a very slight shimmer and I do mean SLIGHT, nothing I would be worried about. I will still contour with this. Bendability is nice and melds with the skin. In comparison to the NYC Sunny bronzer, which is a treasured staple in a lot of beauty vloggers collections this one is more of a true bronze shade. On my skin the NYC Sunny bronzer always pulled more Orange in tone. The range has three shades and this is the darkest of the 3.
                                                                                  

NARS Laguna Bronzer:

This has been a cherished part of my collection for years. I know this one categorized as shimmery. But I do not contour with this one. I use it to warm up my complexion. Notably when the weather is on the cooler side. But, during the Summer it makes your tan radiate. The texture is smooth and plush. The tone is beautiful. Yes, it is on the more extravagant side of the price point spectrum, but it lasts forever, even if you use it on a daily basis. For $38.00 you get 8grams of product.




                                                                                              
 NYX Matte Bronzer in Light:

Easily one of the, if not best bronzers I have ever purchased at drug store prices. I can use the shade all year long and even at my tannest it still shows up. This and the Sleek bronzer are products I know I can use anytime of the day, anytime of year, with any look, & never be disappointed. The pigmentation is immensely wonderful, not overpowering, not under pigmented, just a perfect beauty median when it comes to hue, so you will never be afraid of your bronzer. The line has 5 shades & comes with 9.5grams of product.





Sleek Contour Kit in Light:

This is what I like to call my impervious bronzer. I know that if I reach for this, I am good to go. The product has a lot of the same qualities as the NYX Matte bronzer as it is smooth in texture and the perfect median in pigmentation. The best part it comes with a gorgeous champagne highlighter and the price point is jaw dropping. Sleek is a UK brand, but they have incredible shipping prices. I seriously pay way more in shipping for items 100 miles away from me....unreal right? It comes in 3 shades. The highlighter shade alters as the bronzer gets deeper, to give you a coordinating set. You get 14grams for $9.99.



TooFaced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer:



This is what I like to call a safe bronzer. In texture, pigmentation, quality, you simply can not go wrong. It is a very netural based tan shade. It is smooth and blends like a dream. If you want a subtle warmth or a stark definition of your features. This can do it all. It retails for $30 at Sephora.

 


Bourjois Delice de Poudre:


I love this bronzer for warming up my complexion without the shimmer of NARS Laguna. I am in shade 52, it is a beautiful tan shade. The texture is substantially more firm than the other bronzers. But, it does not take away from the pigmentation. Along with that it smells devine. It is harder to get a hold of. I purchased mine from ASOS, which currently does not have the product listed on the US site. You get 16.5grams of product.





NYC Sunny Bronzer:


As mentioned in my video this is the bronzer that I simply don't like. Mainly based off of the shade. With me having such fair skin, this sadly pulls Orange/Red on me. I am NW20-NW30 in MAC coloring and have neutral based skin. So if you are in that range you may want to avoid this.

Swatches: (L-R)

TooFaced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, Bourjois Delice De Poudre #52, Sleek Contour Kit in Light,  NYX Matte Bronzer in Light, NARS Laguna, Maybelline Master Bronze in Paradise Bronze
 
 
 
I hope this post helps with your search to find your best bronzer for your skin tone. They are a essential part of any makeup collection. Happy hunting.
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts