Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation

By all accords I am a foundation junkie. Since I started wearing make up well over a decade ago I have always been a strong believer that your foundation should add to your beauty, not mask it. I have never been a full coverage kind of gal. I've pretty much got my talent for discovering lovely foundations down to a simple touch of a tester. I believe that when you embrace your beauty, uniqueness, flaws, confidence shows through and that is the root of your beauty. It should never be masked.

My latest foundation find is the epitome of that. Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation


I have never been hyped up by a foundation, since I know what I like in texture. A brand name does not entice me. If the quality is simply not there from the moment I walk in and test it. I becomes lost on my foundation radar, if you will. 

I wanted to go and test this out because I do love Marc Jacobs fragrances, and do value the quality he puts into his products. So when I heard he was coming out with a make up line I made a mental note to check it out. 

On first appearance the packaging is refined and sleek. Most notably the pump, which is one of my most desired aspects in packaging, but can typically be hard to find.  I love the glass packaging, but the downside would be travel, as it would make you less inclined to take it with you out of fear of it breaking. But honestly has never stopped me.


The price point is $48.00  at Sephora locations, which is where I purchased mine. You get the standard 1 Fluid Ounce.

I am in shade #32 Beige Light, which is neither too dark or too light, but just spot on to my natural skin tone.

The texture is very nice, slightly runny, thin, and glides effortlessly over the skin. It does not settle into smile lines or fine lines under my eyes. The application is gorgeous, my favorite application being a single layer. It evens out my complexion wonderfully, and does not enhance my pores, while still maintaining the presence of my character building freckles. For testing and buildability I applied two layers and found it looks very perfected to where it becomes obvious that you are wearing foundation, without becoming cakey.
I think this will appeal to both light coverage and medium to full coverage foundation lovers.

I have tested numerous high end foundations and never wore one everyday simply because of the price point. But with this one I am guilty of wearing it everyday since I purchased it. Because of how simply beautiful it is.

I can not wait to test out more from this collection.


Comments

  1. The Marc Jacobs Gel Mascara would be worth a try! I got a mini one and I was on the wall about if I would repurchase, but decided in the end it would be a yes. Because of the gel, its really wet when applying but once it settles, theres no flaking or itching later! Hard to come by for me, so I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts