DIY: NECKLACE HOLDER!

I have been thinking about doing this for a while. But Christmas shopping has been my main focus these last few months lol! But I finished on Black Friday. So now I can start my Craft list that I have had started since I got the itch after making my first nail polish rack a long time ago.




You will need:


  • Picture Frame- The nicer the better, since you want it to be aesthetically pleasing. Mine I got at Kmart, it was originally $27 but was on sale for $17.98 plus I had 4 dollars in rewards. So I got it for slightly over $14! 
  • Cork Board- You can find this at any Art Supply, Michael's & Walmart also carries it.
  • Hot Glue Gun & Glue
  • Scissors 
  • Ruler
  • Fabric of your choosing 
  • Drawer Knobs & Screws (they usually come together) I got mine at Home Depot. You can use all the same knobs but I wanted to use more decorative knobs. 

Instructions:

  •  Remove the glass from the picture frame.
  • Measure and cut your cork board
  • Measure and cut your fabric, leaving enough excess fabric to hot glue to the back of the cork board.
  • Hot glue the fabric to the back a let cool for a few seconds.
  • Hot glue the back of the picture frame (if removable) to the back of the cork board.
  • Flip back to the front and measure and mark where you would like your knobs to be lined up. I chose to go for a 3 on top 2 on bottom setup so my necklaces have less chance to get tangled and my longer necklace can be placed on the outside if need be. 
  • Screw in the knobs, making sure to go through both the back of the picture frame and the back of the cork board for durability. 
  • Repeat with all 5 (or however many knobs you choose to use) 
  • Place covered fabric and backing back into picture frame and close with the tabs that come attached to the picture frame.
  • Hang and display your most fab necklaces!!
There you have it my DIY for a necklace holder. I also am making on for my oldest daughter. Let me know if you would like to see that.

I can always make a video for you all on my YouTube Channel if you would like. Let me know!=D

Comments

Popular Posts